Agenda - Mars 2010 - African Mining Seminar .02 mars 2010
March 2, 2010
8th Annual Investing in African Mining Seminar and Canada-South Africa Chamber of Business 11th Annual Mining Breakfast in Toronto - March 9, 2010 with Premier Sponsor SGS
07h30 - 11h15
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
123 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 2M9
In addition to our seminar we offer mining companies, service providers and governments shared booth space at the PDAC trade show and participation in the Canada-South Africa Chamber of Business 11th Annual Mining Breakfast
Download the Toronto 2010 Participation Packages Brochure.
Register to attend.
Registration includes participation in the Canada-South Africa Chamber of Business 11th Annual Mining Breakfast with keynote speaker Simon Village, Chairman, Banro Corporation.
07h30 - 07h55 - Registration and Networking
07h55 - 09h15 - Breakfast, Opening and Keynote Addresses
09h15 - 09h30 - Networking Coffee Break
09h30 - 11h15 - Investing in African Mining Seminar
Confirmed speakers, presenters, presentation topics and sponsors as of March 1, 2010 include:
- Breakfast Keynote Address: The power of partnerships: Investing and succeeding in Africa - Simon Village, Chairman, Banro Corporation
- Best practice implementation and independent audits: Mitigating risk in the mining sector - Jean M. Richardson, Global Marketing Director, SGS (Premier Sponsor)
- TMX Group - Sponsor
- West Africa - The Growth Region in World Gold Production - Paul Burton, Managing Director, GFMS World Gold Ltd
- Sierra Leone...Beyond Diamonds: Ambitious reform to unlock opportunities for investment in the mining sector - Avril Cole, Associate, Macleod Dixon LLP
- Meeting the challenge of securing land access in a socially responsible manner: a case study on resettling 13,000 people at Essakane Mine, Burkina Faso - Mike Steyn, Principal, rePlan Inc.
- Midlands investor presentation - Kim Harris, President and Chief Executive Officer, Midlands Minerals Corporation
- Moving towards international best practice: a review of the top mineral regulatory regimes in Africa - Peter Leon, Partner, Webber Wentzel
- MDM Engineering: Two thirds of the earth's surface is water...the rest we can process - George Bennett, Executive Director, MDM Engineering
- Cascade's the new frontier for iron ore exploration in RSA - Nonkqubela Mazwai, Chief Executive Officer, Motjoli Resources
- South Africa's mining & investment opportunity - Nchakha Moloi, Chairman, SAMDA (South African Mining Development Association)
- Developing new gold and iron ore mines in West Africa - Luis da Silva, President and Chief Executive Officer, African Aura Mining Inc.
- Cameroun: the new destination for mining in Africa - Dr. Calistus Gentry Fuh, Secretary of State for Mines and Industry, Republic of Cameroun
- Protecting your mining investments in Africa - Bertrand Montembault, Partner & Rebecca Major, Partner, Herbert Smith LLP
- Golden Valley Mines: Exploring New Opportunities in Sierra Leone - Glenn Mullan, President, Golden Valley Mines Corp
- Mining Investment in Senegal - Ousmane Ngom, Minister of Mines & Industry, Republic of Senegal
- Increased production of uranium in Southern Africa - Dr. Roger Paul, General Manager, Business Development, Mintek
- Investing in Rwanda's Mining Industry - Dr. Michael Biryabarema, Director, Rwanda Geology and Mines Authority <'li>Investing in Gabon's Mining Industry - Jean Félicien Makanga, Technical Advisor to the Minister, Gabon Ministry of Mines, Petroleum and Hydrocarbons
- Small scale ZLD evaporation plant in hydrometallurgy, an innovative "Green" experience in D.R.Congo - Ambroise Mbaka Kawaya Swana, Chairman, Congo Mining Services
- Mining Weekly
- Mauritania Ministry of Mines and Industry
Visit MineAfrica at PDAC from March 7 - 10, 2010 in booths 436, 437, 438 and 439.
I hope you can join us in Toronto on March 9.